<VV> Re: VV> Front spoiler

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Mon Sep 19 12:31:35 EDT 2005

------------------------------
> ...a direct comparison between the two spoilers,  may I ask:

>How do they compare in vertical height?
  The Camaro one looks like it might be just a touch taller.  Not night and day anyway.

>How do they compare in rake angle?
  The Camaro one is much more raked.  The stock is nearly verticle while the Camaro one has its lower edge farther forward than its upper edge.

>How do they compare in side fit?
  The two spoilers seem to extend pretty close to the same distance side to side.  I haven't ever measured them but visually they look similar.

>How do they compare in stiffness?
  Unknown to me, probably similar material stiffnes but the Camaro one probably has more geometric stiffness due to it's having much more of a "V" shape when looked at in planform (straight down on it - the center is farther forward than the ends).