<VV> Rocker panel treating

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Mon Sep 19 12:47:13 EDT 2005

I used
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CAT
ENTRY_ID:2000776/c-10101/Nty-1/p-2000776/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-1010
1/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=rustproofing
Long URL, but the kit works quite nicely.  I did it 9 or 10 years ago,
no rust-through, but since I can't really see inside, who knows?

JED
Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of mhicks130 at cox.net
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2005 12:07 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Rocker panel treating

The body shop guy at the Corvair Ranch was telling us that spraying POR
is a BAD idea.  It made him sick - like couldn't walk sick. He wasn't
sure if it was the POR or the thinner you have to use.  I was going to
use a large bottlebrush type thing to brush the POR on the inside of my
rockers.  Of course the ends of my rockers are so far gone there's a big
hole there  - big enough to put a brush in anyway.  I haven't done it
yet though so we'll see....

mike

<snip>

Anyone spray POR-15 paint inside?  What did you use to spray it with?

Thanks
Doug Barneck