<VV> mechanic recommendation near San Francisco? (newbie)

Tim Lang ttiimmllaanngg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 11:41:24 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I'm very excited to have just purchased my first
Corvair, a 1966 Monza convertible in good condition,
from a very nice gentleman in Wisconsin.

I live in San Francisco and am looking for
recommendations on a good Corvair mechanic as close to
here as possible (since I am not one and expect I'll
have problems sooner or later).

I found a "Corvair Unlimited" in the yellow pages but
when I called a voice gruffly said "talk to me later"
and hung up.

I've also found "Vair Mart" in San Jose, which looks
very promising, but it would be great if there was
something closer to SF.

Apologies in advance if this is not the best forum for
this question. I looked through the digest and didn't
see anything. Pointers to other resources welcome.

Thank you!

Tim Lang
me at timlang.com
San Francisco