<VV> Jets for power

James Dallas bec176 at msn.com
Wed Sep 21 09:09:53 EDT 2005

Ned,  Down here in the low country with long runways the full rich full
power works, but up in the high country like Denver you lean to peak and
then richin the mixture just slightly....about 20 degrees C on the EGT.  The
reason for the rich mixture is engine cooling in the climb when high angles
of attack and a relative low airspeed tend to heat things up.

Jim Dallas
MCCA
CORSA
GNRT
Looking forward to the Roundup in Wichita on Sep 30-Oct 2