<VV> Jets for power

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Sep 21 12:46:02 EDT 2005

No.  A 390 CFM carb flows 390 CFm at its specified pressure drop -
usually 1.5" of mercury for a four barrel, as I recall.  If you
increase the pressure drop, you'll increase the flow.  Bear in mind
that the current Nascar Cup cars are using a 390 - I guarantee you they
get more than 390 CFM through that carb.

Flow through the jets is proportional too - more flow through the carb
means more pressure drop in the venturi (recall that pressure is
proportional to speed) which results in more fuel flow.
Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
   Corvairs: '61 Lakewood, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa