<VV> Chinese Pornography Services (yes, there IS Corvair Content!)

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Fri Sep 23 07:46:11 EDT 2005

Dear Harry, Bryan, ?:

A quick review of the CORSA online classifieds
(http://www.corvair.org/classifieds) shows that someone at a China-based
pornography and/or online "dating" service has discovered CORSA.

If these ads are being submitted using a specific CORSA member ID, would
it be possible to contact that member and/or simply block him/her from
posting?  If the site has been hacked, would it be possible to block any
posts where the return address on the email is from a ".cn" (i.e.,
China) domain?  (FYI, all of the garbage characters you might see are
simply untranslated Chinese symbols.)

If you look at the online ads right now, only 3 of the first 10 are
legitimate.  I'm pretty sure there are no Corvairs in China, so I don't
think we risk turning off any potential CORSA members from the Gansu or
Inner Mongolian Provinces by denying these ads, at least for a while.

In the meantime, if all you other guys would stop patronizing these
services, perhaps the miscreants would go away...  ;-)

Steven "first day of fall means end of ragtop season coming soon" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible
'66 Corsa Coupe