<VV> Window Sticker Help Needed

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 24 18:26:29 EDT 2005

I'm hoping that some of you may still have an original window sticker that
came with your Corvair and can answer my questions.

I'm attempting to make a window sticker for my '65 Corvair.  I have the
information as to what dealer it was delivered to and the options it came
with, but there are a few things I'm not clear on.  I'm using Richard
Finch's window sticker for his '65 Corsa which appears on page 148 of his
HTKYCA, as a guide.

For "Final Assembly Point", would it show up as Willow Run, Mich?  Finch's
car was assembled in Los Angeles, Calif.  Apparently they didn't use the two
letter designator for the states at that time and is Willow Run the actual
town it was assembled in?

The other thing I have a question about is the series of numbers and letters
used to signify the options.  For instance, the code for the tinted
windshield on his car is: 3A02AA.  The A02 is the number for that option,
but what does the leading number 3 stand for and what does the trailing AA
relate to?  All of his options start with the number 3.  Other items ending
in AA are: front and rear bumper guards, spare wheel lock, rear speaker,
tinted windshield and the white wall tires.  All of these options have a 3
before the actual 3 digit option code and then followed by two alpha
characters.

I thought the last two characters might be related to a color code, but
haven't been able to make any sense out of the idea.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Corsa Member