<VV> Corvair : GM's "Problem Child" - Tampa FL News article

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 24 20:17:31 EDT 2005

Anyone:  the article says you can get a remarkably
smooth ride by putting "the recommended 32 psi in the
front tires and 28 psi in the rear."
I've always been taught that this is a recipe for
disaster. I remember the manual for my '64 said
something like 15 in the front and 22 in the rear.
Forgive my ancient memory if I'm off a touch.  Now
with radials, I'm hearing various ranges centering
around a 10 psi difference with the lower pressures
ALWAYS in the front.
So what's with this "recommended" stuff mentioned in
the article? Cound that have been true?

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/09/16/Northoftampa/Corvair_cruises_past_.shtml