<VV> Convertible Rear Window

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane at it.BAESystems.com
Tue Sep 27 08:36:54 EDT 2005

OK, call me fanatical...

	I use a towel (covering the speakers I have in the well, zip
down the window, then lay ANOTHER towel on top of the window to prevent
the rub marks that might happen.  One of my pet peeves is the reflection
one gets when the plastic gets fine abrasion...

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa CVT
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Roger Gault
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2005 10:01 PM
To: Corvair List
Subject: Re: <VV> Convertible Rear Window

I've just put it down for the last 25 years on the Corvair and for 13
years before that on other GM cars.  I found it WAY too much trouble to
unzip the window each time, and 10 times as much trouble to zip it back
up in the rain.

Back in the day (as my kids say), when window materials got hard and
turned yellow almost as fast as you could install the top, I had one or
two windows crack.  I haven't seen any cracking or scratching problems
in the last 20 years or so.

Now, to be fair, I don't run it up and down every day.  It pretty much
stays down when it's not raining or freezing.
No towel, etc. just try to fold the window gently, especially if it's
below 50 degrees or so.

Lazy in Texas,
  Roger