<VV> Re: No Corvair - Saturn Sky

Garth Stapon stapon1 at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 29 21:26:45 EDT 2005

Well, I have to tell you I am speechless.

As many of you are learning, I am very seldom short of words (blame my 10 th grade English teacher - he made a difference).

This week I had the pleasure of visiting the GM Wilmington, Delaware assembly facility. Home to GM's new smash hit the Pontiac Solstice.

Well I am here to tell you to fasten your seat belt. I saw a prototype of the Saturn Sky and no, I do not have a picture (except one that is etched into my mind).

If I was to describe this car in one word it would be muscular. And I understand that forced induction in the way of a turbo or super charger is going to help this car live up to this image. Read substantially more power than the Solstice.

Junk bond status has not stifled the creativity of GM's design staff and I will also say that I saw some design elements that have shown up on a prototype Corvair be incorporated into this car.

You will immediately know what I am talking about when you see a production version of the car.

If you are in the market for a two seat, rear drive sporty car, go down to your Saturn Dealer and put down your deposit. You will not be disappointed.

In the spirit of confidentiality, that is all I am going to say except that I have not seen an automobile in 20 years at any price that is as nicely designed as this car. (This car is much prettier than a Corvette).

My hat is off to the General!

Regards, Garth

Late Power Glide Sedans Rule