<VV> Saturn Sky - No Vair But Close! LITTLE CORVAIR

Dave Keillor dkeillor at ultrex.com
Fri Sep 30 15:30:18 EDT 2005

Bruce,

I prefer a car that is light, nimble, and well-balanced.  Raw horespower is
secondary.  The new Miata's sophisticated chassis is impressive -- the
styling is much less impressive.  On the other hand, I think the Solstice's
nose is downright ugly.  But the deal killer on the Solstice is virtually NO
luggage space.  Another downer is that the Solstics top is a pain to put up
compared to the new Miata's neat Z-top.

My wife's Miata is a first gen which has much cleaner styling, but is very
close to the same weight as the '06 version.  Personally, I like variety in
cars which is why, in addition to a Miata and Nova, we have a '66 110 PG
Corvair convertible w/factory ac, a '69 140hp 4-spd that we bought new, and
a '65 140hp 4-spd which is destined to become our track car.

We've had Corvairs since 1966 because they were nice handling cars that were
as good as it got from Detroit at the time -- and they still handle pretty
nicely.

Dave Keillor