<VV> Sports Car

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 30 17:09:39 EDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:49:40 -0500, Dave Keillor wrote:

>Front wheel drive and fun-to-drive are mutually exclusive.

>Dave Keillor

My Cooperized Mini and I would like to dispute that fact. For further information please refer to Monte
Carlo historians.

VBG

Seriously, with a few notable exceptions, I absolutely agree with you.  But I'll take most FWD
independently sprung cars over nose-heavy live axle cars on a frame... and in a nutshell that's why both
the Mini and the Corvair did so well.

My wife just totalled my Northstar Allante (she's fine but the car is wiped)... a FWD car that was "fun" to
drive because of the serious power it made, but for an invigorating drive it couldn't hold a candle to a
Corvair with a third of the horsepower.  I haven't decided whether to replace it or to revert to using one of
my Corvairs as a daily driver (which would mean some driving on salty roads in the winter)... decisions,
decisions... but whatever replaces it will have a manual transmission (the other big Allante issue) and
rear wheel drive...

Bill Elliott