<VV> Police Harassment / Antique Plates

Bill Elliott Corvair at fnader.com
Fri Sep 30 17:39:19 EDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:32:16 EDT, UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:

>What is this facination with Antique Plates?

>In Calif., who reportedly has high prices....Corvairs are $53  per
>year......Ore.  $55  for 2 yrs  Nev. $57 per year...

>Is it the Smog test??

In some states, like WI, it's a lifetime registration. No renewal fees, no safety inspection, no emissions
inspection. Only restriction is no driving in Janurary. Car collector heaven.

In many states, it's a cheaper registration (usually half the standard rate) and/or exemption from safety
and emission inspections.

Getting out of a safety inspection might not sound like a good idea...until you see a program like the MD
one... similar to the British MOT, but only necessary when you first register the car. I've spent upwards of
$2000 to get a car through that had a valid and current VA or NC inspection.

And I don't care WHAT you drive here, you'd better be running a front plate. I have one tiewrapped to
some of my grills or air intakes on cars that don't have a provision for a front plate.

Bill Elliott