<VV> Grand Day Out.

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sat Apr 1 17:25:16 EST 2006

Just got back from the Suncoast Corvair club picnic and had a great time.
This is the time of year we put up with summer for - perfect top down and
lots of sunblock weather. Is also great being inside a two hour drive
of  five different Corvair clubs (six if count SECC).

Was something for everyone in the door prizes and the best which only
people who drove a Corvair were eligible was a sizable gift certificate
from Gene Wolf. Of the food, restraint was necessary as it was all
excellent and in great amounts.

Met the GO Vairs at the Lakeland rest stop and we corvaned from there.

Was a touch over 200 miles round trip and other than a cylinder or two
going away during an extended idle (shifted to neutral at stop lights) the
110/PG ran perfectly, effortlessly staying with the left lane traffic on
I-4 when not in group. Dead smooth even at those speeds. Recorded 21.5 mpg
for the trip mostly above 3000 rpm despite 52 jets & about 30 miles of city
driving. 215x65x15s on back may be helping but may try 225x70x15s next.
Know a 3.27 would be better than the 3.55 but is easy to change tires.

Padgett