<VV> Heavy Duty Starter

James Davis jld at wk.net
Sat Apr 1 17:55:32 EST 2006

There is no place yellow wire as the solenoid has only place for two
wires (battery and pirple).  You will have to wire another relay in
the circuit to supply 12 volts to the coil when the started is
engaged.  A five amp micro relay will do nicely.  Do not try and
connect the yellow and purple wire to the spade lug of the solenoid,
as this will supply continuos power to the starter once the key is
turned to the on position. .  For the curious, the HD starter
supplies 1.6 times the torque of the traditional Delco starter (IMHO)
;-).  It is a must in an high compression, big bore engine with a
mild camshaft.
Jim Davis