<VV> Chevy Lovers Spring Dustoff in VA

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 18:50:32 EST 2006

I took the old clinker to the Chevy Lovers Spring Dustoff in Smithville VA (they pack a lot of piggies there).  They invited the Corvair guys to their first show last year and a bunch of them showed up in spite of pouring rain so now they kinda like the Corvair people.  There was a lot of really neat cars there and a bunch of Corvairs.  Bill Hubble of VV fame won 2 awards, one for having a car that most resembles a bar of soap (or something like that) and one for having the "Coolest 60's Car" for his EM 4-door.  It's a beautiful car for an EM 4-door but coolest? Comeon.  He took a lot of ribbing from the president of the Chevy Lovers club who is an ex Corvair club member, and when he was scolded for giving Bill such a hard time he responded "I know the guy and he isn't cool either!"  Bill took it all with grace and got a couple of nice awards out of it.  Our Walter Carter won an award for being the oldest coot driver by a few months.  Looks like we'll have to get Websters to change the picture under the "old" definition from Smitty's to Walter's.  Fun to be a car show after the winter break.