<VV> Under power. and Brakes too!

Ryan Verthein daretocorvair at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 1 21:39:25 EST 2006

I finished up the brakes at about 3 o clock this
morning, and then today got a nice fre4sh start.  I
put all of the drums on, and snugged the lug nuts on
to make sure everything was happy. Everything seemed
to be cool.

Last night I also installed the gas tank, and put gas
in it...and found that the sending unit leaked(even
with the new seal!)  So I drained it, and this morning
went to toan and got some gasoline resistant permatex
and gobbed it on.  put it back together and half
hour/45 minutes later, added gas.  everything is still
dry as of tonight.

Bled the brakes.  Did NOT bench bleed the master.  I
figure, if some say do and some say don't, then I'm
not going to worry about what *I* personally think
would be a PITA.  so I installed.

I opened up all of the bleeder screws and let them sit
and gravity feed for a while.  after fluid was
dripping, I closed them, and began bleeding.  after
some tightening of leaky connections, and some
redundant
"Up.........Down.........Up........Down......."
everything seemed to be going well.

I cleaned up a bit, put the wheels back on, and backed
the car out of the garage.

the next events can be seen here.

http://www.edselmotors.com/test1.mov

http://www.edselmotors.com/test2.mov

http://www.edselmotors.com/test3.mov

I especially liked the small children covering their
ears and looking scared as I drove by.

I also find it funny that even when I'm down the
alley, it sounds like the car is still right next to
the camera.

Other than that, I put on the new tabs, installed new
wipers, and put the passenger seat back in.

I'm tired.  these past few days have really been hard
work.  I really really dislike doing brake jobs.

Then tonight as I pulled into the garage a tire
puntured and went flat.  guess I won't be driving on
even the 40 year old tires!  It's cool I guess.  Found
a really good deal on insurance, so I'm happy about
that.  I'm gonna do that before tires.

I guess thats about it for now.

Thanks for all of the help, dudes!  I'm saving any
excitment for the day I pull out of my parking spot
with brand new tires, the stabilizer bar re-installed,
and exhaust on the beast.

Enjoy!
Ryan

1965 Corsa/110/4