<VV> Convention site selection- was Detroit in '07

Mike Ioanes mioanes at woh.rr.com
Sun Apr 2 14:35:49 EDT 2006

Subject: <VV> Re: Detroit in '07

>2 in a row in the NorthEast?
> ----------------
>
> I know it's a done deal but even making it to Buffalo this year has had us
> saving for many months.  No way I can go back up there in '07.  I vote
> for
> Nationals being as centrally located as possible.
>
> Joe Dunlap
> Cen. Florida

This is a subject that has come up regularly sinec I've been on the list
(and probably before).  I've agitated for a Central Division convention
somewhere along the I-35 corridor since attending my first convention in 98.
Maybe even this is too far east for the West coast people, but it'd be
closer than Detroit.  Personally I think Buffalo and Detroit back-to-back
are great, just like Carlisle and Lexington were.  As J.R. said, within a
day's drive (for me).  There are a LOT of factors involved in selecting a
site...first, there has to be a bid from a club or group of clubs.  Climate
can be a factor, it took a lot of talking to get people to approve of
Daytona and Flagstaff.
You are lucky to have a lot of regional events in Florida.  On years I know
I'm not going to the national, I plan to attend some regional events like
Springfest in Helen.

Mike Ioanes