<VV> Airboat info needed

Kinzelman, Andy akinzelm at greatnortherncorp.com
Mon Apr 3 12:41:33 EDT 2006

Guys,
A somewhat local high school shop class is building an airboat.  They are looking for a donor engine.  My friends & I plan to help them out, but I have some questions I hope you can answer - or correct me if I'm wrong:

The bellhousing needs to be cut down.
They need a prop hub adapter to connect the prop to the crankshaft.
Starting is by hand spinning the prop - is there additional weight needed at the hub; or is there enough inertia in the prop?
Should they run the top shrouding with a fan for cooling?
Straight exhaust logs; or add on mufflers?
Where should they attach mounts at the prop end of the engine - can they use the holes outside of the oilpan on the block halves?

Anything else we need to consider?
Thanks,
Andy K.