<VV> Oil Coolers

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Mon Apr 3 14:53:24 EDT 2006

I wrote that - it doesn't have anything to do with Jim's double folded
fin mod.

Do you have data that says the oil is cooler without the side shields?
The air doesn't appear to go through the cooler without them, it
appears to hit the top and turn to the side.  If that's the case, it
would seem that side shields would force the air through the cooler
where it can remove more heat.  Given that these were added to the
later engines, I would think that Chevy concluded they were a good
idea.

--Bryan