<VV> Re: Convention Location

Jeff Clark markii56 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 20:14:18 EDT 2006

Smitty, I know where you're coming from, but consider
this:

1) For a lot of CORSA members, the convention is their
family's one and only vacation for the year.  Unless
every member of that family is a die-hard Corvair
enthusiast, you'd better have something else going on
for those less-than-enthusiastic kin.  As for 2006,
we'll have plenty of Corvair-related events to attend.
 Heck, your wife might even take a shot at that
valve-cover race thing..... :-)  If you (or anyone
else) doesn't want to take one of our tours, then
that's fine; don't take the tours.  I think the
variety of  events that we DO offer is one of the
great things about a CORSA convention.

2) Someone mentioned that they prefer to do their own
tours, and that's fine, too.  But for those people not
willing or able to "blaze out on their own," the tours
arranged by us locals offer a great way to see the
area.  As for always having these events in "tourist
areas," it's my understanding that there have been
numerous requests over the years to have a convention
in our area, because of the desire to see Niagara
Falls.  A lot of people that attended the Lake Placid
convention had asked why there wasn't a tour scheduled
for the Falls! (For those that don't know, Lake Placid
to Niagara Falls is NOT a day trip!)

3) As for myself, I'd LOVE to see a CORSA convention
in Cedar Rapids!  I'll bet we'd all get to meet some
of the nicest, friendliest people in America, and a
convention of our size would probably generate a
little more local excitement there than in some larger
city.  Let's hear it:  CORSA IN IOWA, 2010!!!

Oh, and Smitty, one more thing:  if you haven't seen
it before, you and the wife just GOTTA take the
evening tour of the Falls!  What a sight, and the Mrs.
will think you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeff Clark, Treasurer
2006 Convention Committee