<VV> ConventionLocation

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Tue Apr 4 21:22:45 EDT 2006

Well as long as we're taking a poll on this subject, I like the idea of a host hotel and organized tours or at least having the conventions in areas with "touristy" things to do.  I've never been to a Corsa convention (but I will be going to Buffalo) but I did go to the PA mini convention last year and I loved staying at the host hotel.  It was great having the central location with the vendors there and everything.  Of course there, unlike Buffalo, the cars were in the hotel parking lot so it was an easy walk from the room to the cars.  We didn't go to the banquet, we went to Hershy and did some touristy things, we went to the Corvair Ranch, we did other, non-convention things.  I like the cars and the people but with the family I need to have other things to do.  They like the cars too but they're not obsessed (like some people we know).  Frankly, I'm not that interested in the autocross or rally activities.  I just want to see the pretty cars and get rid of all this excess cash I have lying around with the vendors!  I don't relish the idea of downtown parking and driving but the location is right near the water and looks nice on Google Earth.  I'd rather have it there than out in the middle of nowhere so some hotrodders can make a bunch of noise racing their cars around some old parking lot or airfield.  It's a Corsa convention, not race days.  And stay off my lawn ya hooligans!

mike