<VV> Re: Need ALL '64 Conv. weatherstrippings - HELP !!!

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Wed Apr 5 00:09:28 EDT 2006

I understand where you're coming from Lon but the fact is our vendors are still subject to the same market forces as any other member of our capitalist economic system.  Supply and demand and what the market will bear.  You guys need to make a buck - absolutely, but we have to spend our money wisely.  "Wisely" may be hard to define properly but paying a lot more for something just to support a vendor when we can get it significantly cheaper elsewhere doesn't make sense.  Running you guys out of business also doesn't make sense. Luckily most of what we need we can't get anywhere else so it's win-win.  And on most stuff our vendors do not have outrageous prices.  $250+ for convertible weather strip seems like a lot to me but often as not, when I check out prices from other sources (even a similar item for a different car) I find the vendor prices are in line with the other sources. On the other hand, I've been given a hard time for buying stuff from a Corvair vendor instead of just going to a FLAPS.  I prefer to get stuff from you guys, at least you don't try to sell me a radiator thermostat for my air-cooled car.

Unfortunately for our vendors, they chose to sell to a market made up overwhelmingly by really cheap people (I mean that in the nicest possible way, call it "frugal" if it makes you feel better).  The classic Corvette guys don't have to worry about their customers buying stuff from cheap sellers.  Except when the go on ebay and overpay for OUR telescopic steering wheels!!!!  And don't get me started on those airplane wackos....

mike

Imagine a future where the only thing Corvair owners bought from Corvair
vendors was only what they couldn't get elsewhere.

<snip>

Lon