<VV> Re: car with out florida title

Brad bka at winterparklaw.net
Wed Apr 5 09:30:37 EDT 2006

Ken >florida requires the title holder to transfer the car. if the present
possessory owner isn't the record title owner he's got to find him. if he
does not know who it is, because of the privacy laws, the state will not let
you know who has title. Thus the straight forward law is if your seller
can't give you title you can't get it.  of course there are legal exceptions
which typically cost $300-600.00 for legal actions to go thru a lien process
etc to create new title I did it once before, and wouldn't do it again
unless the car was exceptional and cheap. i'm here in florida it would
probably behove you to contact one of those agencies who offers titles and
ask them what title the get you if you use them. feel free to pm me and i'll
give you more info. maybe someone else has a better plan. Brad

 Message: 7