<VV> Mr. Gasket answer to my query on thermostats

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 12:18:40 EDT 2006

  Hey gang, I followed the bogus listing for Mr. Gasket thermostats back to Mr. Gasket, figuring the turkeys were just copying what they were given without actually knowing what parts make up a car. I am a good detective.
  I went in to the on-line catalog as any shopper would when looking for a part. Here's my exchange with MG tech department:

                  How many high performance thermostats, part nos. 4363, 4364 and 4365, do you sell in the course of a year for Corvairs? Also, how are they installed? I have little faith ion someone who sells parts that were never on the car. We rely on you to get it right. That's hard to do when you list parts that were never on the car.     Vehicle/Engine Specs:              Make:  Chev  Model:  Corvair  Year:  1965    Engine Type:  any  Transmission:  any       Modifications:  none    Discussion Topics:
    Solution:            Sir,. I have looked in our catalogs to see if we actually listed a Corvair Thermostats, I do not see it. As we all know Corvairs are air cooled motors. If you can show me where this mistake is I would greatly appreciate it, thanks

  So I called the big office and got a guy named Terry, who was very amused that this should happen. He's looking into it and will call me back. I guessed and he confirmed that this probably is a blanket listing for all Chevy 6s placed by a computer geek who became an expert because he had no car, and Terry added no girlfriend.

  I'll write'cha back when Terry gives me the results. I am a little surprised that I could find something in their catalog on the first try and they couldn't, given the same car info and part nos.

  Chuck Kubin