<VV> Re: Florida title

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Wed Apr 5 13:07:05 EDT 2006

>Ken >florida requires the title holder to transfer the car.

True and they will not tell you much over the phone but I have found that
if you go to a license branch in person they can be quite helpful in
finding 1) the last person to register the car,   2) where it was
registered, and 3) the date of the last registration if you have the VIN.

The problem usually comes when a car has been totalled before (has a
Salvage title), Florida really limits what you can do with such a title.

That said I have heard rumors that Alabama is quite friendly.

Padgett