Subject: <VV> Cars without titles

Arjay Morgan n3lkz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 01:36:19 EDT 2006

Here is a strategy to get a Florida title.
  It requires the help of the owner of an automobile repair shop.
  I've never tried it, but I've seen it work.
  Here's the story.
  My friend Jack, owner of a Mazda repair shop was plagued with customers who would have their cars repaired, but who would not return to pay for the repairs. This left jack stuck with cars, then he discovered the Mechanic's Lien law. He found that after 10 days or so of storage he could file a Lien against the vehicle. Then, some weeks later he could execute the Lien and take title to the car and sell it. He discovered an outfit that would do all the paper/legwork for about $100. Bottom line, Jack found himself in the used car business. It amazed me how many folks would walk away from a $3,000 car instead of paying a $450 repair bill.

  Far as I can tell it's perfectly legal and if the car isn't stolen and there's a friendly repair shop handy it might just be the way to go.

  Your mileage may vary.

  Arjay Morgan
  64 Monza Conv.

   Message: 7