<VV> National AutoX

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Apr 6 08:58:10 EDT 2006

>So now I have to attend a sanctioned regional to compete at the National?

Pardon but where is that requirement ? I just looked in the National AutoX
rules and the National registration form but did not find anything like that.

The SCCA has had such a rule for years but then has quite a number of
sanctioned divisional events and just requires the person to have competed
in a national, divisional, or national tour even in the last 12 months (and
some other experience such as being a current national champion) and then
provides a means for a waiver to be granted (with a hefty fee) .

However the CORSA National is not like the SCCA national in that there is a
considerably smaller population of entrants and does not have divisional
events. But the real question is "Does CORSA need to limit registration ?"
Are there so many entrants that some qualifying process is needed ? I
cannot answer that though could see that the National be limited to CORSA
members only.

If I missed something, please let me know.

Padgett