<VV> Response to Conventions

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Thu Apr 6 17:00:46 EDT 2006

Jack - I know you guys will do a great job and put on a great National.
What you want to be careful of is being too critical of the conventions
that have come before you. Many MANY times I have heard future
convention committee people say how they will do better and won't make
the same mistakes of the past. This is a good attitude, but I have to
tell you that, without exception, when thier turn to host came abound,
they made thier share of mistakes, both old and new.

EVERY Corsa club putting on a convention is doing it as "amateurs". Even
the best intentions aren't always good enough. There are too many
powerful forces that may be working aganist the hosts. The so-called
"Hospitality" industry, sub-contactors (such as buses that break down or
have no air conditioning), boats cruises with substandard food or ill
preparred for crowds, the weather etc etc etc. Give 2008 your best shot,
as I know you will, we'll be there to help you have fun - and I promise
we won't be critical. We've been to 200+ Corsa events and we know better!

Lon Wall
Western Director