<VV> Calling all Canadian-built Corvairs

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Fri Apr 7 01:39:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I would like to put in a plug for the Canadian-built Corvair show in Oshawa,
Ontario on Sunday, July 23. This is two days before the 2006 convention
starts in Buffalo. The event is shown on the convention calendar.

Oshawa is about 2.5 hours north of Buffalo. The show site is very near the
plant, which is still in use by GM Canada.

I am very VERY excited about the opportunity to visit the place where my car
was born. In fact, I am hauling my car all the way from Seattle (after first
stopping in Forest Grove, OR for their show, www.forestgroveconcours.org) so
that it can "go home" forty years after it was built.

I don't expect you to be as nuts as I am, but if you live within a day or
two's driving distance and you own a Canadian-built 'vair, PLEASE bring it!
I'd love to see a good showing of Canadian-built 'vairs there. Some of the
local folks are working on getting an invitation out to people in the Oshawa
area who are and have been associated with the plant, so we'll have a chance
to put on a good show for them. U.S.-built Corvair are welcome too.

--Kent