<VV> new 140 motors?

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 7 12:11:22 EDT 2006

More April Fools....or maybe not.....

I was on the fence about Smitty's Article regarding picking up YS019 and
driving Spike to get there and back.

Everything in the article was plausible and we know that Smitty is a
driving machine.  I don't know anything about Smitty and Allen's
friendship( or lack there of)

I don't think Spike would have any issues exceeding 120mph in a
heartbeat.  I got the chance to ride in Spike during a fun run at the
Lexington auto-X while a friend of Smitty was driving.

In one of the last sharp corners before the finish, Spike spun a 180,
Smitty's buddy responded by downing and planting the go fast pedal to
the floor while cranking the wheel hard.  The car started to roll
forward and then as soon as the boost came on the front tires nearly
stopped rolling as the rears broke loose and slid around with smoke
rolling off of them.

Spike is fast enough and 762 miles in 9 hours is only an average speed
of 88 MPH for the trip.

Rick Loving