<VV> new 140 motors?

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Fri Apr 7 14:47:34 EDT 2006

Now that everybody's blown off some steam, I guess I got you best! LOL

But on a serious note, the below shows an example of an honestly valid
point hidden in what I previously posted. Remember that the best joke
DOES have a grain of truth in it. When an "(im)practical joke" is put
forth that DOES sound even somewhat credible (as opposed to obviously
impossible) then the joker DOES have the responsibility to make his joke
known at some point along the line. As I stated originally, a good time
to do this is in the parting line. Otherwise, those who are more
gullible, dense, or just plain naive could be mislead. This is even more
important when it's presented from a position of power or authority, or
in a format (like CC) that is supposed to offer truth and honesty.

Bottom line is that I honestly think that it's time that CORSA make it a
policy that any "joke" articles or columns presented in CC should be
labeled as such, either from the beginning or at the very end. The value
of the joke would not be lost either way, and then those who were
honestly taken in as they read the piece could walk away with a smile on
their face, instead of wondering "is it true?"

-Mark