<VV> Evening Orchid Paint/interior scheme help

Brown, David David.Brown at bsci.com
Fri Apr 7 16:12:12 EDT 2006

I have finally, after several years of whining that she didn't have one,
bought a Corvair for my wife.  I think she will enjoy it if she can wait
for me to restore it!  It is a 65 sedan, 110/PG that I will add A/C
reclining seats & a nice stereo.  Anyway, I need help figuring out a
color scheme for it.  She wants it to be Evening Orchid (not offered on
sedans)- solid, no 2-tone.  I will have the original back seat, side
panels & F*** Escort front seats upholstered in a fabric/vinyl combo
stitched to somewhat match the original style.  She does not want a
white or black interior color, but some sort of purple that will match
the Evening Orchid.  I suggested black trim with a purple-ish fabric
insert, but she doesn't want that, so far.  I liked the idea of black
trim because I could use a Vendor's black dash pad & paint the metal
dash & inside door frames "Corvair" black (the current color is blue).
I am reluctant to have an upholsterer cover the dash pad in a matching
vinyl since they are typically obvious from a distance (compared to the
molded ones we have available from vendors).

Does anyone have any pictures they could forward, or direct me to, of
different interior combinations with Evening Orchid (sdn, cp or cvt)??

Dave
Corvair Houston