<VV> padding the profit--caveat emptor

Chuck Kubin dreamwoodck at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 21:01:13 EDT 2006

Hey gang,
On EBay right now is a '67 Chevy Astro I concept show
car brochure for $8, item 8050444481. Before you wet
yourself over this hard-to-find item, consider that I
asked the seller  why he is charging $4.50 for
shipping, and instead of answering my question, he
refered me to "important points #3."  I assumed he
meant on the item listing, so I went BACK to that,
finding his precious important point #3 about 2/3 of
the way down the listing.
There was no explanation of shipping costs, only a
statement that they are "not negotiable."  My question
pointed out that he can mail this for $1.10 ($1.15 if
he pays for a cardboard stiffener), but he obviously
has gotten this question before or it wouldn't be an
"important point."
So here's my important point. You will pay more than
$8 for this brochure. Whatever he makes on it
increases by the $3.25 he will make from the big fat
favor of having him mail it to you.

Caveat emptor.

Chuck Kubin
LIFCCXGP: