<VV> Engine Stand

billpat at telusplanet.net billpat at telusplanet.net
Sat Apr 8 13:58:18 EDT 2006

Have been 'lurking' for some time now but have a question for those of you who may
have rebuilt an engine.  I recently acquired a 140 engine in unknown condition.
Looks good and turns free.  I got it to take apart and reassemble as a learning
experience and to correct any problems.  Its possible that it could go into my 66
Coupe someday so I want to do it right.  Question is: Is there a preferred engine
stand to mount it on....or just lay it on the oil pan on a bench. I've been reading
'Classic Corvair' and appreciate the directions from Mr. Helt which I'll follow as
best I can.  Any input accepted.
Bill Kronen
'63 Turbo Spyder 'vert
'66 Coupe 140/PG