Fw: <VV> Beware Corvairs parked on Grass at Convention Concours

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 9 11:15:31 EDT 2006

No, the Corvair exhaust does not get as hot as a catalytic converter
does. There have been warnings in the owners manuals since catalytic
converters were installed on cars NOT to park on leaves, grass, etc. as
there is a great dangger of fire.

Last year I visited one of the many wineries in Virgina, and at Linden
Winery I parked my '95 Buick on grass about 6"tall as this was the
overflow parking area. As I got out I smelled something burning. I got
back in a moved the car quickly! There was a small singed area where the
catalytic conver was.

Frank DuVal