<VV> Re:Grass and burning cars

Gary Swiatowy mopar at jbcs2.net
Sun Apr 9 13:26:15 EDT 2006

I am sure the grass in the park where the Concours and car display are
located is a mowed lawn in the park.
I would also guess the overflow parking you are referring to was a mowed
field, used for parking. Quite a difference!

I read every year in this area about cars burning up by the side of the road
in the city in the fall as leaves are raked to the curb for pickup and some
rocket scientist parks their car on them..............

I have been involved with a car show at a fairgrounds. Spectator parking is
on a field the fairgrounds people are required to mow before the show. It is
always checked a couple of days before the show, and generally speaking it
is 8 inches or more with dried grass on top. We have to remind fairgrounds
management about their liability if they are "negligent" and a couple
hundred cars go up in flames....................they then mow again.

Gary Swiatowy