<VV> Burning Grass -

Charles Lee at Prop Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sun Apr 9 19:36:47 EDT 2006

I think (if I can remember) that the original question was whether or not a
Corvair could cause as much trouble as a Maserati (OK, any car with a
catalytic converter, but "Maserati" makes it more interesting.  Would it
have made the news if it wasn't a "Maserati" ?)

The article says that water trucks were in short supply, which might mean
"expensive" so they chose not to water the mowed grass, and also apparently
chose to leave the left-over dried grass in that field.

Do the math.  The owner of the grounds (making a couple bucks and wanting to
save money) may have been guilty of false economy, just trying to make a
profit.

At our shows, whether Corvairs are a problem or not, many visitors will have
newer cars with built in torches (i.e.: catalytic converters) that will
cause a problem when our sponsors fail to prevent it through similar false
economy.

I hope this isn't nit-picking, and that it's seen as a warning so we can
avoid that fate.  I wouldn't want to see what few Corvairs there are
(however many) literally go up in smoke.

But then, we are a class act, and would never cut corners like that, so we
should not encounter any such trouble.

Chaz