<VV> Burning Grass - no corvair

mhicks130 at cox.net mhicks130 at cox.net
Sun Apr 9 23:21:07 EDT 2006

>------------------------------
<snip>

AND IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW
MANY CATALYTIC CONVERTERS CAUSE FIRES WHEN PARKED ON
LONG, DRY GRASS (in Florida or for that matter
Antarctica) BECAUSE CORVAIRS DON'T HAVE CATALYTIC
CONVERTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<snip>

Chuck Kubin
LIFCCXGP

The original poster did pose it as a question: does the Corvair get as hot as a catalytic converter car.  They didn't say that it WOULD happen because it did happen to a catalytic converter equiped Masarati, just that they were concerned.  It's a reasonable concern, I think we're all clear that a Corvair's undersides don't really get hot enough to set fire to even dry grass but IF we are parking other cars in the grass, they may have catalytic converters.  Now I've been to Buffalo and one of the things that impressed me was how green and lush the grass was.  I came from southern california where green is not the normal color for grass.  I don't think you could set fire to that lush Buffalo grass with a flame thrower but the original poster, who framed the whole thing as a question, doesn't know that.

Chuck baby, you gotta relax.  You're not an early model guy are you?  Those guys tend to be cranky.  Now those of us who  drive around in the sublimely beautiful late models are happier.  No matter what's going on to irritate us, all we have to do is look at our cars and we're happy.  Mmmm, I think I'll go look at mine.  So pretty.

mike