<VV> plug wire retainers

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Apr 10 20:45:36 EDT 2006

In a message dated 4/10/2006 4:44:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,
monza63mo at peoplepc.com writes:

You know  those plug wire retainers that are riveted onto the front of the
top shroud? I  want to replace mine since they are about shot and I have the
shroud off for  painting. I've looked in the specialty catalogs and local parts
stores but  I've not found anything I like. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Art in  Missouri

If you are a stickler for total stock appearance, I can't quite help you.
But just off of stock, You can remove the original piece and re-dip the clips in
 a rubber solution that is intended to dip handles of tools into. The problem
is  the re-attachment rivets. I haven't seen anything available that is just
like  stock. You could use a large pop-rivet, then paint it black. Otherwise
there are  several aftermarket clip units that will hold the pieces down. You
will likely  have to do some bending to attach them to the shroud. Also, many
late model GM  cars have snap-closed clips that would give you some extra
protection from the  fan belt. They almost always break on the newer cars when
wires are replaced.  Mid-80's Corvettes and Camaros are notorious for this. - Seth
Emerson, Silicone  Wire Systems