<VV> Good deal on tires, possible Corvair

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Mon Apr 10 21:07:25 EDT 2006

Have always liked BFGs since used "Radial T/As" as rain tires on my B/P
vette. Prefer to put the family on best rain rated Michelins - X-Ones and
next will be Hydroedges since we get cloudbursts often in the summer, but
tend to find less expensive ones for my cars that are not driven much. Now
I find out that BFG is owned by Michelin. Go figure.

Have never really liked other tires though have had most.

195x70x14 "Touring T/A"s in a T speed rating were $5 less per tire from
Sam's than equivalent BFG TireRack.

One thing about WalMart/Sam's. They seem to get "store branded" tires that
do not quite match the mfr's catalogs. For example the 195x70x14s are BFG
but "Touring T/As pro series" which is no longer a listed model, now BFG
calls them "Traction T/A"s. Are liable to have slightly different tread
patterns also.

I would be interested if anyone knows more about this practise.

Padgett