<VV> plug wire retainers

John Miller jncmiller at mchsi.com
Mon Apr 10 21:53:55 EDT 2006

Some parts stores (FLAPS) carry a plastic rubber coating intended for rubber coating tools like plier handles. I have used this to re-coat the original wire holders on the shroud. You must have the shroud off and the wire looms need to set in the solution for some time and you need to be creative to accomplish this to look correct. It seems to hold up well but it is softer than the stuff GM used originally. It also comes in bright colors as well as black . I cannot remember what it is called but if you explain its purpose somebody will have it.

John Miller
Iowa

You know those plug wire retainers that are riveted onto the front of the top shroud? I want to replace mine since they are about shot and I have the shroud off for painting. I've looked in the specialty catalogs and local parts stores but I've not found anything I like. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Art in Missouri
'66 Coupe
140/4SP