<VV> T/A Tires

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Apr 11 14:01:44 EDT 2006

My experience with Touring T/A's is that they are noisy and have near zero wet traction. I used 2 sets on my VW Passat and didn't like either set. I replaced them with Kumho ECSTA ASX's and I love em. Quiet and great traction. My 2cents.
mike
  Smitty says:  I'd argue with mike just because he is him and I am me, but I have to agree with him on the TAs.  Great wear rating and decent( but only decent) traction in the dry.  In the wet though FUGGETABOUTIT.  I had them on Spike at BeaverRun last year in the rain.  All I could do was bomb down the straight (after I got enough speed up to stop spinning the tires) and then slither helplessly around the turns.  Good exercise in controling the car at the limit but not much fun.