<VV> Alternator question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Apr 11 18:31:26 EDT 2006

NO!!!!

If the alternator does produce current for any reason, and it should not
with no field circuit, then you have shorted the output! This will cause
failure in short  (also no pun intended, but it works!) order.

Never short the output of a generator or alternator unless you want
smoked parts. Especially a generator since they will self excite under
most circumstances.