<VV> Carburetor "bug"

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 15 11:41:54 EDT 2006

I thought I would pass this along to you YH carb owners, as I discovered
the 4 or 5th Carter YH "bug" problem already this year. A customer was
having problems with his engine quitting when hot, and not starting again
until it cooled off. I found a choke adjustment problem, but when checking
all the passages in the carb, once again discovered a main vent tube (in
the throat) packed with a mud-like material. It is never visible in the
brass tube, but has always been in the tube portion in the carb body.
Around here we call the culprits dirt dauber wasps. It appears that the
only way they can make a home in the carb is to find it when the air
cleaner is removed - so a word to the wise is keep your cleaner on.... :-).
The Carbmeister