<VV> Odds

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Sun Apr 16 10:26:01 EDT 2006

Smitty Says:  Chuck is right about Andy being right about Ron being right.  gg  Drive it every day and at every opportunity before you go.  Get some cruise speed time on it of 55-60.
  When you do get on the road don't get sucked into the sweet sound of the engine at 70-75 and start running it there.  Internal forces in the engine do not increase linerally.  There is twice as much stress on the bearings and pistons at 70 as there is at 50.  Not that the Vair engine can't handle those speeds.  It's just that you are driving an unknown quantity.  You are much more likely to lose a fuel pump, idler bearing, or fan belt than have an engine problem.  Take a cell phone and a CORSA locator directory and Tim's credit card.  gg.  I am not kidding about the cell and the locator.  I won't get into what kind of tools to carry.  You have done enough work on the car to figure what you might need.