<VV> Trailer wiring harness >?

SNAKBITT at aol.com SNAKBITT at aol.com
Sun Apr 16 10:50:46 EDT 2006

I found an add on e-Bay for a trunk wiring harness for my 66 Corsa. The price
was right, and the one in my car is less than pretty and so I bid and won. I
expected and received the standard harness with one exception. There was a
second harness, about the same length, attached at the stop / tail light sockets
with plugs that insert in to the light socket and twist just like the normal
light bulb. The plugs have two wires that terminate in rounded solder contacts
that match up with the contacts for the normal light. Additionally, the second
harness then has wiring and a socket to replace the stock bulb sockets. The
wiring proceeds to a flat plug "with protection cap" that looks like a trailer
connector. The connector has 4 female connections with 1 male ground prong. It
is about 1 and ½ inched wide and about 7/16 inches thick, much larger than
the ones you see at FLAPS today. I cleaned the flat trailer plug with solvent
but can find no name or numbers on the plug. Does anyone on the list know, if
G/M put out anything like this stock, or is it an interesting after market
useless bunch of wires?

Ken Morgan
66 Corsa 140 / 4