<VV> Re: Oil use

Tony Underwood tonyu at roava.net
Mon Apr 17 16:21:49 EDT 2006

At 10:05 hours 04/17/2006, UltraMonzaWest at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 4/17/2006 9:43:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>reray at echoes.net writes:
>
> > Pennsylvania oil reportedly had some sort of wax in it that
> > resulted in a filmy buildup eventually that was supposed to be
> detrimental.
> > I'm fairly certain that this is useless info but I thought I
> would throw in
> > my 2c for fun.

It was paraffin.   It actually made the oil more useful for high
stress lubricants like gear oil etc.     I don't think much PA crude
ever actually got used for making fuels or motor oils etc. although
it's my understanding that the PA oil companies did this sort of
refining with crude from elsewhere.

I think most of the PA oil wells dried up decades ago.

tony..