<VV> Exhaust Seals

James Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Apr 17 15:55:02 EDT 2006

I use graphite exhaust packing lightly coated with Ultra Copper
RTV.  No leaks even with headers.  It is probably best to retorque
the nuts after a couple heat cycles.  When installing the manifold
logs, make sure you seat them with a big (4 lb) dead blow hammer as
you torque them down.  With headers, you do a couple chin-ups ;-) on
the collector as you torque them down.
Jim Davis