<VV> Finally pics of the car from my 65 Corsa Sprint thread!

Ray Rodriguez reray at echoes.net
Mon Apr 17 18:36:35 EDT 2006

Lets see if this works, I uploaded the pics to photobucket and I'll put the links here.

Here it is, the ugliest Corvair I think I have ever seen, and its mine! all mine!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0400.jpg

I'm sure you've all been told somewhere along the line that the Corvair was way ahead of its time, and my car offers proof in the way of its stylish built in digital clock!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0404.jpg

Now you might think that this Fitch roof which was carefully molded into the body which I'm sure will cause me many hours of pain when it comes time for removal was just for looks...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0409.jpg

But as you can see, after this modification was made the car was so fast it became neccesary to place the tachometer on the hood so you could keep your eyes on  the road and keep the engine at operating RPM simultaneously!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0410.jpg

And when I read that Fitch installed four separate air cleaners, one for each carb I dont think this setup was exactly what he had in mind.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0406.jpg

Now to be serious, I am very curious about this steering wheel.  The center cap looks to fit just right, but I suppose it could just be a lucky fit.  Did anyone ever make a steering wheel like this for the Corvair? If so I imagine it would be worth something.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0403.jpg

As you can see the car sits much lower then my 66 500 coupe pictured behind it in the first photo.  Judging by the way it drives it definitely has suspension mods.  I also noted that the car had this carpet in the rear area which I had read was offered by fitch.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0408.jpg

As of right now I am convinced that this was not a Fitch car, several of the items that had me wondering (the dash pad for example) have been explained away (apparently this is a 67-69 dash pad, not a custom piece).

Also of note are the headlight guards, I have no use of these, are they common or is this something I should offer for sale?

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/DSCF0405.jpg

Thank you all again for your help, and enjoy the laughter I'm sure you will enjoy after viewing this poor vair.  I promise to get her looking respectable again!

Ray Rodriguez